Saturday 29 October 2016

CAMINO COMPANION

God's voice
Is in the heart
And with my heart
I hear

Seeking his face
With the eyes of my soul

Great silence

Within and around
On hills and valleys and farms

I want to pick up
Mountains and kiss
Them with love

Even as I mourn
The passing
Of this sacred journey

The newly formed
Intimacy found

We climb into
The falling night

You in white
The only light in front
Of me

Scallop shell
Like cowbell tinkling

And I like a drunk
Stumble on uncertain
Rocks of pain

Within these boots

You would carry me
Up to the height

You have lifted me
My Camino companion
And I miss you

Even as the sound
Of your voice echoes
In my heart

And I see you as I see God
With the eyes of my soul
Beholding your beauty

More marvelous than
The most majestic mountain 

+++

ONE MILLION STEPS TO FREEDOM: CAMINO DIARY

No comments:

Post a Comment